Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread

I made this several times in 09' it's great to give to friends at Christmas time. I always buy extra cranberries so I can freeze them and make this, with ease, anytime of the year. I always double it as well, (if I'm going to start the oven I'm going to fill it.) This recipe comes from my Lion House Classics cookbook. Delicious!


2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup orange juice
1 Tbl. grated orange peel
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Spray an 8x4 in. loaf pan with non-stick spray. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In mixer bowl, cream butter until soft; add sugar. Beat until creamy; add eggs, orange juice,and peel. Beat until well mixed. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl; add dry ingredients. Mix at low speed until blended, but do not overmix! Stir in cranberries and nuts by hand. pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake @350 for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes and turn out onto cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment