Monday, January 18, 2010

Poppy-Seed Bundt Cake

Okay, I'm going to have to start a recipe blog if I'm gonna keep posting all these recipies. It's just that it's cold out and I like to bake when it's cold. November to February I bake, read, knit, do puzzles and plan for Spring. Besides I am getting a kick out of taking food pics. Notice most of my recipe posts are desserts? I'll have to work on that too.
       
3 cups cake flour, sifted
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups salted butter, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
6 large eggs
1/3 cup cream sherry (i just use 1/3 cup extra sour cream)
1/3 cup poppy seeds

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 3 qt. bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
In large mixing (Kit-Aid) bowl mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder on low until blended. Add butter, sour cream, and 3 of the eggs, mix on medium until dry ingredients are moist. Beat on high 2 minutes, scrape bowl.
Add remaining 3 eggs, one at a time, alternating with the sherry. Beat well after each. Slowly blend in poppy seeds.
Pour batter into bundt pan and bake 50-60 minutes Cool in pan 10 minutes, then invert onto rack to cool. When cake has cooled completely, lightly dust with powdered sugar.

Note: I have also added 1 tsp. of almond flavoring to the batter and sprinkled the bundt pan with 1/3 cup slivered almonds before adding the batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment